LPN to RN Diploma Program
Our LPN to RN Diploma Program is a transition program for the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with the goal of educational advancement as a Registered Nurse (RN). Successful graduates will be eligible to take the NCLEX-RN® examination to become a Registered Nurse. The program provides a blended curriculum (classroom and online) with strong emphasis on clinical skills, professionalism, and leadership. Our program is fully-approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing and we are nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Why Choose Tri-Rivers?
- Flexible program choices: DAYTIME 45-week program or 90-week program, perfect for working adults or parents
- Excellent NCLEX-RN® pass rate on first attempt (2014 = 100%, 2015 = 95.6%, 2016 = 100%, 2017 = 95.8%, 2018 = 100%, 2019=92.8%)
- Compassionate, caring instructors who promote a positive learning environment focused on student success
- Classroom instructors have master’s or doctoral degrees in nursing
- Teaching assistants and clinical instructors have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Strong emphasis on clinical skills, professionalism, and leadership
- Small campus environment with easy, on-site parking
Length of Program:
The program is divided into 4 quarters with 2 available daytime schedules including in-class, online, and clinical hours:
- 45-weeks daytime program (August – June, classroom 2 days/week, 12-hr. clinical weekly with clinical prep prior)
- 90-weeks daytime program (22 months beginning in August, classroom 1 day/week, 12-hr. clinical every other weekend with clinical prep prior)
- Current, valid LPN/LVN license with no restrictions
- IV Therapy endorsement
- Pre-entrance testing
- General Psychology
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II
- Human Growth & Development
- English Composition I & II
- Basic Chemistry (can be high school credit)
- Dosage Calculations (credit by exam accepted)
- ComTech Tri-Rivers (computer class specific for our students)
- Physical examination (no restrictions), immunizations, and labs
- FBI & BCI clean background check
Dosage calculations and ComTech classes are available at Tri-Rivers
For specific information on pre-requisites, please refer to the application packet or contact Suzy Wall at 740-389-4682 ext. 5526 for more information.
Costs (subject to change):
- LPN to RN (2019-202) tuition: $12,480
- Lab fee: $200.00
- Technology fee: $780.00 ($195.00/quarter)
- General fee: $800.00 ($200.00/quarter)
- Admission fee: $500.00
- Application fee: $95.00
- TOTAL COST: $14,855.00 (does not include textbooks, pre-requisite courses, equipment or other associated costs)
How to Apply:
- Complete and submit the application, $95 application fee, and letter requesting admission. Drop off at our Adult Education campus or mail to:
2222 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd., Marion, OH 43302 Attn: Suzy Wall
- Arrange for your high school and any other college transcripts to be mailed to us. There is a form in the Application Information.
- Schedule your pre-entrance exams (WorkKeys) by calling 740-389-4628 ext. 5500.
- After receipt of your application packet, you will be contacted for an interview with a member of the admissions committee.
- See the application packet for additional information regarding acceptance, physical examination and other requirements.
Ready to Apply?
Review and download or call to request the application information and application. Return the completed application, letter requesting admission, and $95 application fee by March 1st. Please refer to the steps in “How to Apply”.
Is BSN your dream?
Consider how this program fits into your
Pathway to BSN
Contact us with questions or to request more information.
Suzy Wall, 740-389-4682 ext 5526
Financial Aid Questions?
Nikki Hamilton, 740-389-4682 ext 5524
Our Campus is in Marion, Ohio. We’re an easy commute from anywhere in Central Ohio. Our physical location is adjacent to the OSU-Marion campus directly behind Buffalo Wild Wings. [google directions]
1563 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd.
Marion, Ohio 43302